The Arcadian Isles (Arcadia, Bravo, Caldonia, Dardens, Ethos, The Talens, & others) were struck down by the gods during an event called Breaking of Arcadia. This event changed topography of the lands and the gods no longer allowed resurrection magic to occur in the world. Many people of Solum consider the Arcadian Isles to be cursed as a result.
During Hardcore Heroes: Episode 50, Neal confirmed the world was flat (but still had a curve to it). The world may end up being a sphere when finished, but it is not in this state at the moment. According to the sea elves, land masses are still being build by the gods. (Outpost Santa Barbara: Episode 10)
The Gods circle the planet (or the planet moves for them to come into view), taking a year to complete. The gods are seen by mortals as stars in the sky at night. Several gods however aren't represented by the stars, Nadinis, Tempos, Felumbra, & Relkor. Illumis is the sun, as well as being the god of light. Felumra is the moon, as well as the god of souls. (Old Lore has it with Relkor being the moon, but this is no longer considered canon).
Round World Theory[edit | edit source]
Evidence for the world being spherical:
- Felumbra appears as the moon to the world that displays phases of the moon over a period of 28 days. The moon rises and falls in the sky as it does on Earth.
- The horizon at sea is curved, and you can see the sails of a ship before the hull.
- Nadinis and Tempos turn the "Staff of the World", implying that the world turns.
- HcH ep 27: Near the end of the night Van could spot the constellation of Malkis was missing, hinting the stars turn during the night. (this is contradicted in HcH Ep 50)
Evidence for the size of the planet:
- In most cases, the distance to the horizon at sea matches that of Earth, implying a curvature and presumably size of Earth.
- Gravity has been shown to be the same as that of Earth.
- Day/Night Cycle takes 24 hours