- "Orcs are a species of aggressive mammalian carnivores that band together in tribes and survive by hunting and raiding. Orcs believe that in order to survive they must expand their territory, and so they are constantly involved in wars against many enemies: humans, elves, dwarves, goblins, and other orc tribes." - 2nd Edition Monstrous Manual
Full orcs do not participate in any of the Kingdoms of Arcadia, even Akuba which is more inclusive to Monstrous Races than the other Kingdoms. Their settlements are built in spite of the Kingdoms in the lands, some distance from the centres of civilization. However they are still known to raid those around them.
Known Orcish Lands in Arcadia: Eastern Hemdorkas Hills Dwarven Federation, The Blumwood Gadia, the Krolrog Ridge & Forrests of Drekis, the Shade Coast Akuba. The Orcs of the Dusky Woods in northern Eridon fled to Gade Isle or into the Hemdorkas Hills because of both internal betrayal and the Demon Invasion of Eridon in 1510.
Unlike in other settings, Orcs are not considered "evil" by the gods, nor are they born evil. However their society is at odds with the "civilised" world.
Orcs are green humanoids with tusks coming from their mouths. They have human-like noses, but they are broader & flatter.
2e Edition Racial Info
- Racial Ability Requirements: Str 5/17, Dex 3/17, Con 8/18, Int 3/16, Wis 3/16, Cha 5/14, Per 3/18,
- Class Restrictions: Fighter (to level 10), Thief (to level 11), Cleric (to level 9)
- Suffer a -1 penalty to attacks in daylight or within radius of continual light spells.
- Racial enmity: Dwarves gain +1 bonus to attack rolls against orcs.
2e Mining Detection Abilities
- Detect grade or slope in passage: 35%
- Detect new tunnel/passage construction: 35%
5e Racial Info
- Aggressive. As a bonus action, you can move up to your speed toward an enemy of your choice that you can see or hear. You must end this move closer to the enemy than you started.
- Menacing. You are proficient in the Intimidation skill.
- Powerful Build. You count as one size larger when determining your carrying capacity and the weight you can push, drag, or lift.
- Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and Orc.
- * Heights and weights taken from The Complete Book of Humanoids. They do not match the numbers used in Arcadia since Orcs in Arcadia are taller than Humans and Half-Orcs.