- "Half-orcs are distrusted by both human and orc cultures because they remind each of the other's racial stock. Half-orcs advance in orc culture by flaunting their superior ability and in human culture by associating with people who don't care about appearance." - 2nd Edition Monstrous Manual
Half Orcs are accepted into the tribes of Orcs but are known to be ostracised or even victimised by their full orc brethren. In this setting Orcs are taller and stronger than humans, so half-orcs are smaller than full Orcs and have to fight to survive inside Orc society.
Half Orcs are also accepted entry into the town & cities of humanity, unlike full Orcs. However in "civilisation" they are eyed with suspicion.
Half-Orcs, like most hybrid-species, generally are infertile, with some rare exceptions.
2e Edition Racial Info[edit | edit source]
- Racial Ability Requirements: Str 6/18, Dex 3/17, Con 8/18, Int 3/17, Wis 3/14, Cha 3/12, Per 3/18,
- Class Restrictions: Fighter (to level 10), Thief (to level 8), Cleric (to level 4). Half Orcs can be muiti-classed in 2 of their classes, but not all three at once.
5e Racial Info[edit | edit source]
- Menacing: You gain proficiency in the Intimidation skill.
- Relentless Endurance: When you are reduced to 0 Hit Points but not killed outright, you can drop to 1 hit point instead. You can’t use this feature again until you finish a Long Rest.
- Savage Attacks: When you score a critical hit with a melee weapon Attack, you can roll one of the weapon’s damage dice one additional time and add it to the extra damage of the critical hit.
- Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and Orc.
Player Characters[edit | edit source]
- * Heights and weights taken from The Complete Book of Humanoids (2e). They do not match the numbers used in Arcadia since Orcs in Arcadia are taller than Humans and Half-Orcs. In 2nd Edition Orcs are shorter than humans by the book.