Half elves usually take after their human parent. They are slightly shorter than your average human with a slightly lighter build. Males average 5’5”, 140lb; females average 5’0” 113lb. Half elves are easily identifiable by their semi-tapered ears, but if these are hidden they are difficult to distinguish from other humans.
Half elf males have similar facial hair to their human family, although they have sparse, if any, chest hair.
Both male and female half elves take after their elven parent in hair color, although this can be shades darker depending on the coloring of their human parent. A blond elf mixed with a black hair human produces a deep golden brown in their offspring.
Half-elves generally are infertile, with some rare exceptions.
From Player's Option: Skills and Power
- Movement 12, Infravision 60'
- Half-elven characters have a 30% resistance to sleep and all charm-related spells.
- Racial Ability Score Adjustments: None
- Racial Ability Requirements: Str 3/18, Dex 6/18, Con 6/18, Int 4/18, Wis 3/18, Cha 3/18
- Class Restrictions: Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Ranger, Mage, specialist Wizard, Thief, or Bard. In addition, a half-elf can choose from the following multi-class combinations: cleric (or druid)/fighter, cleric (or druid)/fighter/mage, cleric (or druid)/ranger, cleric (or druid)/mage, fighter/mage, fighter/thief, fighter/mage/thief, and mage/thief.
- Secret or concealed doors are difficult to hide from half-elves, just as they are from elves. Merely passing within 10 feet of a concealed door (one hidden by obstructing curtains, etc.) gives the half-elven character a one-in-six chance (roll a 1 on 1d6) of spotting it. If the character is actively seeking to discover hidden doors, he has a one-in-three chance (roll a 1 or 2 on 1d6) of spotting a secret door (one constructed to be undetectable) and a one-in-two chance (roll a 1, 2, or 3 on 1d6) of locating a concealed door.